Wednesday, September 10, 2014

iPods now have audio books for kids use in the classroom!

WOW! I am so blessed by the generosity of the families in our classroom. On the last post, I had mentioned that the Salley's and the Holme's families had donated iTunes gift cards and since then, Craig's family and Maya's families also sent in gift cards to get the listening centers started!  After some complications with apple, I am excited to say that I have purchased the following books:
1.           Bad Case of Stripes
2.           Bear’s Loose Tooth
3.           Bear’s New Friend
4.           Emeraldlicious
5.           Goldilicious
6.           The Gym Teacher from the Black Lagoon
7.           Honey… Honey… Lion!!
8.           Junie B. Jones Smelly Bus
9.           Junie B Jones Monkey Business
10.     Magic Tree House Dinosaur’s at Day Break
11.     Magic Tree House the Knight at Dawn
12.     Miss Nelson is Missing
13.     The Napping House
14.     Pinkalicious
15.     Purplicious
16.     Silverlicious
17.     Sloppy Joe
18.     The teacher from the Black Lagoon
19.     Three Snow Bears

20.     The Very Hungry Caterpillar

All of these books are on my wishlist, and I went through it again to find the books that are well liked by the kids and not very expensive.  Many of them were 1.95. the Junie B. Jones and Magic Tree House books came as a set for 11.95 each!  the kids and I are so blessed to have this technology in the classroom. 

Also, on the other post, I had asked for sticky notes for the students use, and wanted to say thank you to the Irving family and Anderson family for donating those extra supplies! I know I had asked for more cushions for the kids to use during reading time, but saw them ON SALE at Target and picked up 3 new cushions! The kids love them, maybe you saw them last night when the kids stretched out to read on them. I would definitely say that the kids are feeling right at home in the classroom! 


Thanks again for your support of me and the children!
Ms G.

2 comments:

  1. it was pretty funny how the kids impressed us with picking books and reading etc during the open house and about 30 minutes later the ipads/pods/etc came out of the woodworks! -marley's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, they did pretty well! I loved seeing them actually do what I've taught them to do!

    ReplyDelete