Sunday, September 14, 2014

iPad games

With the new iPad I have, I am searching some apps that will help the kids grow in their knowledge to support the standards that we have. There are apps for programs that the school uses such as IXL.com, and AR, and the program that I purchased Spellingcity.com. Today, I've found a few that I've  downloaded they are the Reading Rainbow app, the Geoboard app and Splash Math. The first 2 are free. Splash Math starts free and has grade 1-5. You have to pay for continued use of the Splash Math and can pick and choose which grades to buy. If your child is struggling with our current curriculum, working on the first grade set might help them to catch up or refresh their memories from last year.  The free part only allows you to do 20 questions a day. However, from what I can tell it fits exactly what we are learning in class, and is perfectly aligned to the common core. As I learn more, I will share them  with you. If you know of some great apps, please share them with us!

Happy break!
G


2 comments:

  1. The McCullum Family found this APP today. Said its only 99 cents and works on Fast Fact automaticity. IMG_0493.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! It's called Math Fact Monster! Can't figure out how to show picture in comments

    ReplyDelete