Thursday, August 28, 2014

Relationships

feel like one of the most important parts of my job is to teach the kids how to build lasting relationships. This being said, I want you to know that I already love your kids. All of them. Yes, we are still getting used to each other, but in 5, 10 or 14 years when they experience major life events like graduating from high school or college I want them to think back with happy kind thoughts about their time at Harmony Leland. Not to feel like some people who have memories of hate, fear and oppression. I was at a concert last year when Royal Tailor's lead singer spoke of how his life growing up in a "mixed" family with a low income was hard. Then he had said that he had a teacher he'll never forget! Wow, awesome right? However, I was so saddened to hear him say "that teacher hated me, and we all knew it!"  It would upset me if "my" kids felt that way about me or any of thier teachers.  I want them to KNOW that I want their dreams to come true (that's why I work them so hard) and that they can always count on me! 
1998- Chandler helping me prepare for my 1st year teaching. I had been the nanny/babysitter for her family for 4 1/2 years at this point. The next photo is of her little sister Tasmin, also getting my classroom ready. 

Here I am this May in Auburn. Chandler's graduation. Tasmin is a sophmore also at Auburn. My first babies, I'm so proud of them. 
Camyrn invites me to her recitals every year! She's amazing. You'll probably see her dance again at this year's Talent show. 
Elijah has moved on to another school but still checks in. He even challenged me to the ice bucket challenge this week!
 I loved this group otf kids! Elijah is pictured here with Wm Graham, Zachary's older brother. 
Former students at Cobb County Relay for Life. 
I returned to Joliet for a visit with my friends and 2 of my former kindergarten students came to visit with me at the hotel resturaunt. We're facebook friends now. 
I love sports. Matteo and I enjoying a Braves game. Chandler, Tasmin, my neice Kylie, nephew Bishop, another student Mia and their families all met at Turner field for a fun day at the ballpark. 

Isiah and I went to a couple Chargers games together. Good times! 

Celebrating life celebrations like my birthday, the kids' birthdays, my Master's graduation, and 1st communions makes life even more special...
Celebrating by 38th birthday with lots of fun parents too!

      Sean went swimming for the 1st time at Vyrene's birthday party. Vyrene and I pictured below at Big Chow Grille with his mum Prax and friend.

The day of my graduation!
Andrew's 1st communion. 
My job is so much more than teaching. I hope to make this a great year with you as well! 
Love "G"

No comments:

Post a Comment