Friday, August 8, 2014

1st week!

It has been an interesting 1st week! I am looking forward to really getting to know the kids better and spend more time on academics. We've done 3 writing activities, and the kids are working in making their first book. We took a tour of the school and made a list of all the important places in the building! We are learning the difference between writing a list and writing sentences! We began our geography lesson about Georgia yesterday and learned four vocabulary words: natural resources, climate, continent, & landforms. We need to review the meanings, but they can list the types of landforms and climates pretty well! Exciting stuff!

In math, we've struggled through some tough "pre-tests" to see what knowledge they have about the CCGPS math expectations from 1st grade and who can transfer that info to the 2nd grade skills. For most of the kids, they thought I was teaching greek! Lol.

I've also just found out that the iPods that I was given by www.donorschoose.org have arrived at school! Now I'm excited to start buying audio books on iTunes. Please consider helping me out with this endeavor, I'm gonna need some iTunes cards for classroom purchases. If you want to buy a specific audio book to share with the class, my iTunes account is attached to my school email: margaret.gustafson@cbbk12.org . 

Finally, I am still waiting for many of the kids to buy their totes & T-shirts. The totes have arrived, and I'll pass them out next week to those who've bought them. I've gotta wait for more students to pay for them before I can order the T-shirts! Can't wait to get reading lessons going strong which is when we use the tote bags.  

Hope everyone got home ok today! Have a fabulous weekend! 

Ms. G

No comments:

Post a Comment