Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall Field Trips and other stuff

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that I put a permission slip in the kids' orange folder, and a payment envelope. The permission slip is for a play "Junie B Jones" at the Fox Theatre in October. The cost is 13.50 per person. I am not yet sure about chaperone's or the cost for them. I am new to this trip, and will let you know as soon as I can. Please send the 13.50 no later than October 1st.

Now for news I found out about today! Yesterday, i sent home a peach colored permission slip. We will have visitors from the Cobb County Safety Village on the 10th and then we have a field trip to the Cobb County Safety Village on Monday, September 17th. This PEACH/ORANGE papers gives permission to your child to participate in activities at school and at the Cobb County Safety Village. All children involved must have this signed. The trip on the 17th is geared towards 2nd grade Health standards (according to GPS). It will cost the children $3.50 per child. You will receive the permission slip (to ride the bus) and payment envelope (for the bus) tomorrow.

While payment for both trips is important, the safety village is chronologically 1st, so please pay this one first.

Just for your information...
1. If paying for the field trips right now is a financial hardship please text me, write me a note, or call me. It is Harmony Leland's belief that Money should never be the reason our kids do not participate, but I will not just assume that you need assistance for these trips. Also, If you need help, I am the only 1 who needs to know (not even the children) in order for this to be handled with quiet care.

2. If you pay for field trips by check, Mrs. Saffer, our book keeper will have an easier way to track your payment than with cash, should questions arise.

3. For anyone able to "bless a friend" we have some friends that may need assistance paying for these trips, and I can make sure your donation is handled with desecration.


Reminders:
1. Social Studies Test tomorrow AM

2. PTA/Open House tomorrow night at 6:30. Don't let me be there alone! LOL! I plan to talk about how reading, writing and math is different than what you remember as a kid, and share more technology information.

3. Math test and Spelling Test will be Friday AM

4. I will collect all homework next Monday. This is to benefit you, the kids, and myself. You have 6 days (usually 7) to get 3/4 days homework finished. This week was a light load. and should not be so challenging.

3 comments:

  1. Here's a link to the Cobb County Safety Village in case anyone is interested, http://portal.cobbcountyga.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=196

    Thanks for the blog update Miss G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Thank you for the link. I had hoped to get more of you to come to PTA! Some suggest that its because I tell ya'll what I need on the blog all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I know there were some of us that just couldn't make it to the Open House last week and would've loved to have been there, especially for the topics on discussion. BTW, I'd like to suggest an anonymous "donation box" for parents to contribute a few dollars for the other families and students in our classroom that may be having hardships paying for field trips, etc. We could send it in to you, Miss G and you could use it at your discretion. On another note, please let us know if you need help with making copies, another adult in the classroom, etc. I try to come in once a week but if not I'm sure there are other parents that would like to help. Thanks again for all you do Miss G!

    ReplyDelete