Monday, December 11, 2017

December Snow Days!

I hope today’s blog finds you warm and content. We were without power all weekend and Thrilled that it returned yesterday. As I’m looking at the next 7 school days, I thought it best to touch base with all of you. Homework went home on Friday. I am going to push the due date on it and Friday’s assessments to Monday. Please have the kids do 3 addition and 3 subtraction  problems each day.

In the mornings this week we will be working on county mandated assessments, such as DRAs, SRI, MRI and some of the kids will be retaking the Tenmarks 2nd Quarter assessment. It has 24 questions and a few kids finished in under 15 minutes. There is not much of a chance to grow from 1st time if they didn’t even pay attention to the questions. I would take me a minimum of 25 minutes to finish. All I need to see with each of these assessments is growth from August to now. You will receive the data on these assessments after the Winter Break in the Red Folder with the 2nd Report Card.

Tuesday, we have a family providing lunch for the class. They will be bringing Cheese Pizza. If your child does not care for cheese pizza, they will still have the opportunity to eat in the cafeteria, or bring lunch from the cafeteria back to the classroom to eat with us. Lunch from home kids are still allowed to bring their own if cheese pizza is not a favorite.

I hope you saw the homework packet. I am requesting that the kids bring in an old Adult sized T-shirt or button down shirt. We will be working on a following directions lesson that involves paint over a few days. Thanks for helping with this.

 Family Game Day will be on Wednesday the20th, from 10:30-11:30. We have specials at 11:30-12:00. The kids who leave for Target will be gone all day on Tuesday, as their teacher Mrs. Murff will be retiring and it will be her last day with them. For the Family Game Day, all you need to bring is yourself and a sense of competition! We will be in the Library!

I am sorry it’s a long post, but I hope I have answered any questions you might have circling in the back of your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment