Thursday, February 18, 2016

Math Blog Challenge #6

Remember to solve and explain in complete sentences, and answer on Blog! 


Miss G is getting married.  and she Mrs Smith and the other 3 ladies are making their own flowers. If Rose's bouquet has 7 flowers, and Kylie's boquet has 11 flowers, and the pattern continues so that Jayme's bouquet has 15 flowers... How many flowers should Mrs Smith's and Miss G's bouquets each have? What is the pattern? Solve and explain the steps you used to answer the problem. 

1st correct answer earns 5 points!
All other correct answers earn 3 points.
Any incorrect attempts earn 1 point! 

10 comments:

  1. Mrs. Smith's bouquet should have 19 flowers and Mrs. G's bouquet should have 23 flowers. The pattern is +4. 15+4=19, 19+4=23.
    -Aiyden Rivers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Smith has 19 flowers in her bouquet. Miss. G has 23 flowers in her bouquet. 15 + 4 = 19, 19 + 4 = 23. I used partial sums to get my answer. Haleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms.Smith has 19 flowers in her bouqet and Ms.G has 23 flowers in the bouquet. I know that because I counted by 4s until I got to Ms.Gs bouqet.Then I took away 4 from Ms.Gs to find out how much Ms.Smith has in her bouqet.That is how I got my answer 23 .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms Smith has 19 and Ms. G has 23. The pattern is 4. I added 4 to each number. -Zeydah Trotter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jadyn
    The pattern is +4. Mrs Smith would have 19 flowers and Miss G. would have 23 flowers.
    I started at 7.
    7+4=11
    11+4=15
    15+4=19
    19+4=23

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Smith has 19 flowers and Miss G has 23 flowers. First I looked at the numbers then I added 7+4 and then I got my sum it was 11 so I added for more and I got 15 did I ask for more and I got 19 and then I have 4 more again and then I got 23... -Daniel Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Smith would have 19 flowers and ms G would have 23 the pattern is 11-15-19-23.. Makayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss g has 23 flowers and miss smith has 19 and I know that because I counted up from 7 and the fourth number was 11 .And that is how I got my answer.

    ReplyDelete