Sunday, August 26, 2012

HOMEWORK

Note to self: I think HOMEWORK is an important activity. In my opinion its value lies in the thought that families are to complete together, that so there is parental awareness on the skills being taught. Yes I give packets of work, and have a due date but With that said,  I'll never flip out about homework not being completed. While i appreciate your dedication, the kids will never see me get on students (those who are constantly growing and improving academically anyway) about not finishing something. I never really want them doing homework for 2-3 hours on sundays so they can turn it  in on Mondays. It is too much pressure on all of us, and it fosters a negative feeling of school work for the kids.  


My opinion about reading each night is different than my feelings about homework. I think that reading every evening is crucial for a student's development. Reading logs will be sent home (finally) tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. So I find myself really irratated by the printers. Pause for a moment of pouting time please... I have an awesome reading log ready to go but its fomts is playing mind games with both me and the printers at school! Please write amount of time the children read each night on the calendar pages in the agenda. Thanks. And by the way, you are allowed to comment and have discussions about the blig pist amoung yourselves, or with me. Some of you have similar questions and I am happy to answer the questions here so that wveryone gets clarity.



    Hope to see all of you at the PRA meeting next Thursday at 6:30.

    ReplyDelete